Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day 3: Malaybalay-Cagayan de Oro






At 6.30 this morning I continued my journey to Cagayan accompanied by 2 priests (Frs. Erap and Teting), 1 baptist pastor (Rev. Serino) and 7 other Malaybalay bikers of TREK-M.
The weather was perfect for biking - cloudy, cool and a slight drizzle. There were lots of uphill and downhill riding. We went througn 3 canyons - the toughest was Mangima. My bike developed a mechanical problem and I had it fixed in Manolo Fortich. While there we had lunch of caldereta (goat meat) - courtesy of the parish priest.

We reached Cagayan at 2 pm, after biking 95 km. The bikers went back to Malaybalay riding a truck while I proceeded to the Archbishop's Residence. I celebrated the mass for life and peace at 5.30 pm in the St. Augustine's cathedral. Archbishop Tony Ledesma and Fr .Julius concelebrated. During dinner, Archbishop Ledesma asked me to say the 5:00 am mass before I leave for the pier at 6:00 am.

After three days of biking, my body is slowly adjusting - just mild muscle aches.

No comments: