Monday, April 06, 2009

Holy Week in Davao - Palm Sunday






The Holy Week began yesterday. Being Palm Sunday, the people came to church bringing their palms which were actually made of strips of coconut leaves. Before the start of the 6 am mass, the people gathered outside the church and Fr. Cruz Manding, blessed their palms. Members of the parish youth provided the choreography.
I was supposed to say the 7:30 mass but I asked Fr. Senen to take my place. I still have a cold and a runny nose. So I just concelebrated.
Today, the senior Redemptorist community had a recollection at the Sacred Heart Brothers formation house in Catalunan Grande. There are only five of us (Frs. Brendan, Abdon, Senen, Cruz and myself). The theme that we reflected and shared on is: A Spirituality of the Paschal Mystery. This is appropriate for the Holy Week.
I am on complete fast this Holy Week. This means not eating from Monday to Saturday. From Monday to Wednesday I will be subsisting on water, fruit juice and coffee. From Thursday to Saturday, I will be subsisting on water only. The next time I eat will be lunch on Easter Sunday.




No comments: