Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blessing of the New SATMI building and opening of the new school year

Blessing of the new SATMI building

Opening Liturgy for School Year 2009-2010, presided by Fr. Ben Ma
provincial superior of Cebu Redemptorist province


the student choir/band


the theology students, faculty and staff



orientation by Fr. Brendan Kelly, the SATMI director

Yesterday, we blessed the new building of the St. Alphonsus' Theological & Mission Institute (SATMI) and had the opening liturgy for the school year 2009-2010. This morning we had the orientation for our theology students and after the break classes started.
The student population is slowly increasing. We have now 46 students coming from various countries (Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Africa), the Shri Lankans will be coming next semester. For the first time, students belonging to the Redemptorists of Manila vice-province are studying with us. The Franciscans of the Third Order Regular have also started studing here.
Six 3rd year students will be sent for their missionary immersion program in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand.
This first semester I am teaching two courses: Ecclesiology and Sacraments. I am also handling the theological synthesis of the fifth year students. I'm just glad that I am teaching fewer courses this year. This will give me a chance to finish my book projects. I can also have more time for my advocacies.



No comments: