Sunday, March 14, 2010

Evangelizing Basic Ecclesial Communities (BECs)

Since last Friday evening up to noontime today, I have been conducting an evangelization seminar together with a parish staff for Mt. Carmel BEC. Over 60 attended this event which we called "Festival of Faith."

This is the program/process we followed:

Friday (7:30-9:30 pm) Theme: Christ
Individual Reflection (My experience of Christ's presence in my life, Who is Christ for me?)
Small Group Sharing
Deepening/Input

Saturday (7:30-9:30 pm) Theme: Conversion & Following Christ
Individual Reflection (My experience of personal change/conversion in my life. How have I lived as disciple of Christ?)
Sharing/Testimony
Deepening/Input
Penitential Service


Sunday (8:30 am - 11:30 am) Theme: Discipleship in Community (The Church/Basic Ecclesial Communities)
Liturgy of the Word
(after the readings, workshop & reporting: the kind of community we dream of in our village. What are BECs, deepening/input in lieu of homily)
Liturgy of the Eucharist

(after the mass, we had an agape - community table-fellowship)

No comments: