Sunday, April 04, 2010

Trans-Mindanao Run/Hike (Day 8, April 3, 43k)

I was on the road again by 5:30 am. I didn't do any running since today is recovery/hiking day. When I reached Opol I was joined by Aping - a journalist for the GMAnews who also covered the Sumilao farmers when they walked to Manila the other year. He walked with me for 15 km, taking video shots and pictures. We also conversed a lot. At around noontime he went back to Cagayan and I was alone once again. I reached Libertad before 5 pm and was warmly welcomed by Fr. Ruthelberge Develos. I concelebrated with him in the Easter Vigil liturgy and he asked me to be the preacher. Besides preaching about Christ's resurrection, I also talked about my advocacy for peace and the environment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi ding. glad to you that you're fine. seguro naa na ka karon sa redem- nagpahuway. congrats! you've made it. Happy Easter diay.