Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 10: Run-Walk Across d Philippines

April 10, 2011

I celebrated Mass in the parish church at 6 am. Being Sunday, the church was full. Once again I preached about my Pro-Life & Peace advocacy.
At 8 am I was finally on my way to Tubod (Surigao) 38 km from Santiago. I wore my sandals since it felt more comfortable with my blistered feet still recovering.
The sun was already very hot by 9 am. Two hours later as I was ascending the mountain overlooking Lake Mainit it started to rain. Of course I was so glad. I used my umbrella while walking gently and praying the rosary. During the descent several hours later I ran downhill while holding the umbrella. It continued to rain as it got dark. I arrived in the Tubod parish rectory. I was welcomed by Fr. Kenneth, MSC.

No comments: