Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 25: Run/Walk Philippines

Today is rest day, so I slept in until 6 am. My foot was still swollen so it was difficult even to walk.
After a breakfast of coffee and scrambled egg, I washed my clothes. Then I surfed the internet. Feeling sleepy and washed out at 10 am, I went to bed. I woke up at 12:30 and went down to lunch. I felt drowsy immediately after. I don't normally have breakfast or lunch because I feel sluggish and drowsy after a daytime meal Today I made exception so that I can load for tomorrow. After waking up from my afternoon nap I felt the chill - and a slight fever. I took some Vitamin C and mefhenamic acid, praying for a miraculous recovery.
I then went downtown to look for more comfortable pair of shoes. The size 9 1/2 adizero mana has become very tight and painful. I found a very comfortabe Fila running shoes size 12! With 50 % discount it cost only PHP1999 ($ ). I was just surprised that after 25 days my feet have grown big or swollen. My worry is that will be running/ walking on shoes that not been broken in.

I came from downtowm Legazpi in time for dinner with the Redemptoristine contemplative nuns. They were very curious about my experiences on the road and about my advocacy. So I gladly obliged.

Tommorow, continue my journey. I pray that I will syfficiently recover.

No comments: