Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 27: Run/Walk Philippines

Last night after dinner, the fever and chill came back. I desperately prayed for healing.
When I woke up this morning I felt fine again. As I was about to leave at 3 am, I was surprised to see Fr. Eduardo already up inviting me to breakfast which was prepared already for me. Although I don't usually take breakfast I had to eat two pieces of bread and a slice of luncheon ham before taking off as appreciation of his hospitality.
Throughout the whole day I experienced an outpouring of welcome and support from the people I met or passed on the way. Many waved their hands and addressed me as Father. Others made "mano po" asking for my blessing. I received a lot of bottles of cold mineral water and biscuits. Some even gave me money. I received two invitations for lunch which I politely declined (I told them I only eat at night). Even the police approached me and had picture taking with me. I think this must be the effect of the TV coverage.
An ABS-CBN news crew from Naga met me at Baao. I was interviewed by Mylce who walked with me for a while.
When I entered Naga, a guy on a bicycle by the name of Franklin led me to the cathedral. Fr. Jay welcomed me. He happens to be a triathlete and an ultramarathoner. I met the other priests assigned to the cathedral at supper.




1 comment:

Bald Runner said...

you are looking strong and healthy everyday! you are really blessed, father! more power to you!