Friday, April 08, 2011

Day 8: Solo Run-Walk Across d Philippines

At 3:00 in the morning I woke up and remembered that today is a day of rest and went back to sleep. My alarm woke me up at 6:30.
It is such a relief to just relax the whole and allow my body to recover. I have blisters in the soles of my feet and a black (dead) toenail. Without rest I won't be able to recover and I could easily breakdown, and I won't be able to continue and finish my journey. This is the law of the Sabbath and it applies also to everyone's life journey.
I also incorporate rests on those days that I am on the road. That is is why I take frequent breaks every hour and get a good night's sleep. 10-12 hrs on the road is enough.

I spent part of the morning washing my clothes.

At 5:15 pm, I concelebrated with Fr. Joesil and I preached about the Gospel of Life and peace and my specific pro-life advocacies: support the peace process, defend the environment, reject the RH bill.

No comments: