Friday, April 01, 2011

Run-walk across d Philippines: Day 1








April 1, 2011 I celebrated the Mass for Life & Peace at 6 am in our parish chuerch. Immediately after the Mass, I changed into my running gear. With my backpack on I stood infront of the church door and Fr. Brendan (my superior) gave the pilgrims blessing. By 7:00!Then I started walking and running along the highway to Carmen followed by some seminarians, Jason and 6 other youthful runners in the parish. Dominic, a little boy also ran a few a meters and jumped back to his grandmother's vehicle. After 10 km I was finally alone. The other runners went home A lot of people waved at me, some greeted me as Father, a guy on a motorbike came near and asked for my blessing. A chubby girl gave me some biscuits. Many motorists honked their horns and waved at me. Near Panabo a coconut milk vendor gave me free drinks. The afternoon was cooler and windy. I reached Carmen at 4 pm after covering 36 km and was welcomed by Fr. Roel - the assistant parish priest. I concelebrated in the 5 am mass where I talked about my advocacies. Later after the the mass I gave a talk to parish youth leaders.

2 comments:

Patrick Loarca said...

Goodluck to you Fr.Picx. have a great adventure out there.

ksam said...

Sounds like your off to a fantastic journey. God Bless and keep you on this trip. Buen Camino.