Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Day 33: Run-Walk Philippines




Like yesterday, I had another short and easy 24-km walk this morning - from Gumaca to Atimonan along a beautiful coast with cool breeze. I stopped several times to rest and savor the view. I think it is a good idea to have a back-to-back short easy days in lieu of a complete day off.
I arrived in the parish of Atimonan shortly before lunch and was welcomed by the parish priest - Msgr. Verastigue. I had lunch with him and the other priests and seminarians assigned in the parish. Since there was no available accommodation for me in the rectory, he brought me to his aunt's place near the church where I have a luxurious accommodation - an airconditioned suite room.

I will be concelebrating at the 5 pm mass and once again speak about my pro-life & peace advocacy.

Total distance covered so far: 1251 km. 4 more days to go before I arrive in Manila.

No comments: