Saturday, April 21, 2012

Busay - My Sacred Space

I just came down from the mountain in Busay (Cebu) yesterday after spending four weeks of silence, solitude, prayer, reading, writing, running and singing to myself. Time went so fast - never a dull or boring moment - I didn't want to come down. But I have to go back to my work. I come here every year since I was ordained (I will be celebrating my 31st anniversary 3 days from now). I lived here for 3 months in 1989 before leaving for higher studies in Berkeley and Rome. I spent five months here in 2005 during the first half of my sabbatical. I also spent three months here in 2010 - before and after my walking pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago in Spain. Well, I'm a part-time hermit and pilgrim. This is a necessity to keep me going in my ministry - otherwise, I will burn-out. This is a very beautiful place - where I fill most at home. Someday, when I turn 75 years old, I will retire here.







No comments: